- A Boiler Swim, A Hash House Run, The Tour de Raro, The Matutu Mile and the main event - Air New Zealand International Triathlon is plenty to keep you busy all week.
- Fuel up with a Pasta Party, an Island Feast, a Tour BBQ, A Sausage Sizzle and the Awards Dinner.
- 7 nights Accommodation at Edgewater Resort & Spa, incl buffet breakfast. Return Airfares ex-Auckland and airport transfers.
- Your Package allows you entry to all events and meals mentioned above (variations can be re-calculated)
- Modest Performance prizes, and sponsors product prizes. Return Airfares for first Male and Female. Age Group Categories and 'Locals' category.
- Enter as an Individual or Team - gather your specialists!
- Plenty of free time to go the Beach every day
- The MOST FUN you'll have on your Island Holiday!!
Enjoy this wonderful VIDEO from 2016
From the Cook Islands Triathlon Club we extend to you an invitation to the 23nd annual Air New Zealand Rarotonga International Triathlon Festival.
Thursday 11 May Trader Jack's Boiler Swim
While the main sporting event is the triathlon (1500m/41km/10km) there is also an ocean swim (800m) and a cycle race (31km) and several fun runs to take your edges off!
The events have been popular with first timers, long course specialists, ITU age group representatives and a few ITU Elites. If you are looking for a different sort of race/holiday, this is one that most club level and age group competitors will enjoy. Bring colleagues, partners, friends, family or come as a single and be part of our like-minded group. This is a wonderful opportunity to share and experience Polynesia, its islands and its laid back lifestyle...combining achievements with relaxation!
The social activities organised around the weeks' program for competitors and supporters alike ensure that your trip to the Cook Islands will be a memorable one.
Start: Trader Jacks, Avarua Township 4:30pm
Carbo Loading Pasta Dinner
Venue: Edgewater Resort & Spa, Arorangi 7:30pm
Friday 12 May
Saturday 13 May Rarotonga International Triathlon
Venue: Titikaveka Triathlon Site
Transition area open 11:30am
Race Start 1:30pm
Race cut-off 6:00pm
Sunday 14 May Prize Giving Awards Dinner
Venue: Edgewater Resort & Spa 4:30pm
Monday 15 May Hash House Harrier Fun Run and Island Feast
Venue: Beachside Aroa, (next to Rarotongan Resort) 5:00pm
Tuesday 16 May Turtle's Tour de Raro Cyle Race
Start: Avarua Township 4:30pm
Wednesday 17 May Matutu Mile Fun Run & Sausage Sizzle
Venue: Tikioki 5:00pm